Wednesday 25 March 2020

Chapter Two - Continued


Iris returned the scrapbook to its hidden spot. Glancing down at her ankles, she questioned her mental abilities for remembering daily tasks. Why can’t I remember to moisturize my legs, she mumbled to herself.

As Iris applied lotion on her long legs, memories of past adventures flashed before her. Life in London was fast and fun long ago. She was sure it was those shapely legs that landed her a dancing gig in the London go-go cages at an early age.

Her mind’s eye had stored images of a luxurious dinner at St. Ermin’s Hotel. Lamb shanks roasted with pomegranate. Her handsome young host sitting across from her. The man whose mysterious life she would come to know through their shared adventures. Distracted by his eyes, she recalled difficulty in keeping track of his espionage story’s connection to the hotel.

The exciting thrilling trips with him were a joy to remember. However, it didn’t take long before the scary memories engulfed her mood. A rich fast world she never had known shock her with its dark dangerous side. She escaped from it but now she feared that some part, some secret was back looking for her.

Why did Douglas Manning appear so strange. Was he watching her?



11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Excellent, Bill!! I might jump in tomorrow, I am feeling inspired.
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I had my doubts about doing this. So far not too hard.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if "Douglas" made it to Harwich...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those final two sentences - A wonderful turnaround!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone. I wanted to mention that way back in the last century, as a teen, I was highly influenced by the Beatles and James Bond. Is they a way to work the Beatles into this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean, like a "Magical Mystery Tour" on board a "Yellow Submarine", maybe.

      Delete
    2. Of course there is Bill! Consider it done!
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Yes I think the world is on a mystery tour. I just wish it was more magical. Also everyone is confined to their own submarine.

      Delete
    4. A fleet of submarines, Bill!
      Sx

      Delete

Words of encouragement gratefully received!

Christmas adverts 2021

My favourite Christmas adverts this year.         Any other favourites?